Monday, July 5, 2010

She Got By With A Little Help From Her Friends

As you know, Ms Maddie Sue is noise phobic and really, really, really thunder and fireworks phobic.

Earlier on the day of the 4th, I was laying on the sofa talking with a friend on the phone and someone in the 'hood set off a firecracker -- within nano seconds, Maddie Sue was wrapped around my face so tightly I was mumbling into the phone and had to sit up or suffocate.

Anticipating this and knowing that the huge firework display would begin at 9 pm just blocks from our home, I put Maddie Sue in her crate. Nope, she rattled the door -- no WHACKING or warbling, just rattling.

Plan B: Lex was snoozing on the fleece bed -- more than snoozing, she was in one of those deep doggy sleeps, so I picked up her sleeping body and tossed her in the crate. Being the last one in, she blocked the door from Maddie's attempts to rattle it and being near Maddie, she gave her comfort.

That was my plan and it was a workable one. But Ruby decided to go over to the crate and lay as close to it as she could. Don't know if she was protecting the Littles, or needed their comfort for herself.

The three buddies spent the 4th cuddled together while the nation celebrated.


+++++++

The Naked Chihuahua is snoozing on my chair behind me -- don't want to wake her or she will start her "isn't time for breakfast dance" and I am about to leave for an early shift, so I will presume approval. Happy tails to you, until we meet again............

No comments:

Post a Comment