Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Call of the Wild

The moon was bursting with fullness. Wild winds were blowing off the bay. The night was magical and sultry, with the veil between the heavens and the earth blowing free. The shade between asleep and awake, thin in dreamlike consciousness.

A mystical time.
A call of the wild.
A call to the Nocturnal Naked Chihuahua.

And Ms Maddie Sue felt compelled to answer, from the magical moment the clock struck midnight to the time I debated whether to tie her to the street lamp or put her in her designer box at around 2 a.m.

Maddie sue answered The Call by calling to me in her chi-voice: WHACK. And I responded by climbing out of my bed, slipping on my shoes, saddling her up and taking her outside.

Once out, she sat.

Just sat. Alert and savoring the wild winds and full moon, the magic of the moment. She just sat. After about ten minutes, I took her in, but once I began to settle into sleep, she called to go out again.

This time, we both just sat.
savoring

She didn't move her body at all -- just sat there in the windy moonlight - blending her spirit with the spirit energy around her. I sat with her, watching in awe of this experience.

But as time moved on, my eyes got droopy.
Maddie Sue refused to move off her sitting spot.
My choice was to either tie her to the street lamp -- tempting, very tempting....
or as I chose, I carried her in and placed her in her box, closing but not locking the door behind her.

In her box, she often snuggles in her blankets and feels a cave-like safeness. And at 2:15 a.m. -- she did just that and put her little nocturnal head on her flower petal pillow and fell asleep.

as did I -- in my sleep nest in the bed.

*******
Maddie Sue approves this post -- after I woke her from her afternoon nap to review it. I should tie her to a doggie treadmill during the day to keep her from sleeping by day. She pines that she wishes we had a yard so she could spend more time in nature. To which I replied, "count your blessings, my sweet love-chi, count your blessings."

No comments:

Post a Comment