Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Who'll Stop The Rain?

Apparently, Ms. Maddie does not like the rain. When we get caught in the rain during our walks, she will furrow her brow and look at me like: "Are you nuts? We're not supposed to be out on a day like this!" The all-knowing chihuahua.

Today, Maddie kept going to the door to the side verandah where she likes to luxuriate in the sun, and warbling, and then running over to warble a message to me, and going back to the door. It was a perfect, "Timmy's in the well, June, run." (Was Timmy's mom named June? I need to check that -- I may be thinking of June Cleaver -- same mom-type.)

Gordon, who was trying to read the newspaper, noting the little chi racing back and forth to the door, finally looked up and said, "What in the world does she want?"

She wants me to stop the rain so she can go lay out in the sun.

He looked at me with the "Oh, sure" man-look.

So I got up, opened the back door, and Maddie darted over (Maddie doesn't walk anywhere, she darts), and peered out into the rain, and then looked up at me, brow furrowed, and warbled what I think means, "can you fix this?" I just shook my head "no," and closed the door.

"See," I said smuggly to Gordon, and I went back to sit down. Some days you "can't always get what you want," even if you are Super-Chi.



No comments:

Post a Comment