Monday, November 23, 2009

UP IN THE AIR JUNIOR BIRD-CHI

Maddie Sue has military fighter pilot blood -- or at least whatever makes us proud and stand tall when the military jets roar by in formation overhead has become a part of her heart.

Maddie's dad is a fighter pilot and a military test pilot. I imagine that in Maddie's 9 years on this planet, she has lived near, or maybe even on, military bases.

Today, Ms Maddie was in a cuddly mood, trying to snuggle me and was enjoying being cuddled back. And then, as sometimes happens, fighter jets from McDill soared over the house in formation and Ms Maddie Sue flew off my lap, stood at attention in the center of the room, ears as focused as radar antennas -- listening to the sound of the jets overhead. She stood, every muscle perfectly erect until there was no sound to be heard.

And then she looked at me with a question. And I just nodded to her and life continued as before. I was going to say her daddy's name, but I want to save saying that for times when he is coming to visit her.

It was an odd reaction of Maddie since typically she is frightened by noise. During the fireworks last weekend, she startled at the first one and began shivering as she crawled up to nestle by my neck as I lay on the couch reading. I held her tightly during the entire firework program and she quivered until minutes after it was over.

But let those military jets fly overhead and Ms. Maddie Sue Kinszley stands proudly at attention -- giving the Chi-salute to her Dad!

Thank you Mr. Paul.
love, Maddie Sue K
read and approved by a nosy chihuahua

No comments:

Post a Comment