Thursday, November 12, 2009

One for the Human

Another battle of wills. I wanted to take a shower with the door closed, and Maddie wanted to have the door open. Normally, since I am a human with opposible thumbs and good problem solving ability, and Maddie is a chihuahua, one would assume that this battle would be easily solved by me, the human, by simply closing the bathroom door tightly.

But ahhhh, not so simple. Our house is a 1923 house, nothing is even or square, and we are in the midst of a bathroom remodeling project resulting in a bathroom door that does not latch, and a willful chihuahua that knows this.

I shut the door and get naked. Maddie opens the door and warbles at me. I shoo her out and close the door and scratch, scratch, scratch, she's back in.

Fine, I decide to start my shower - door open, Maddie watching. I turn on the water full blast when, unbeknown to me, the showerer prior to me, left the shower stopper up so the water ran from the shower head rather than the bath spigot. And in the god or no god category, somehow the shower head was aiming straight out of the shower and directly at Ms Maddie Sue. Wham! She was hosed down as if a firehose hit her. It blew her out of the bathroom.

Smuggly, I closed the door and showered. When I emerged, there she was, door open, sitting on the mat. But I have to admit, she was looking at me with a new found respect, as in, "wow, I didn't know you could do anything like that!"



No comments:

Post a Comment