Monday, November 16, 2009

Maddie Sue to the Rescue of My Brain

Maddie and I took "our" coffee inside this morning. I wanted to read the news before feeding the pups since I woke up early. It was well before doggie breakfast, but still, when humans wake up, dogs begin salivating.

Ms. Maddie was perched on my lap as I was reading the news on my laptop computer on my desk. And somehow, as headlines will have it, I was pulled into an "oh so important" article asking the question, "Did Photoshop strip Demi Moore of her left hip?" I am embarrassed to share this with you -- not the fact that Demi Moore's hips were Photoshopped, but that I was reading the article!

And of course, the article had a series of photos of other actresses with their before and after-Photoshop photos. To move from one photo to the next, I just had to hit the button near the front of my laptop base.

And right in the middle of this mind-shattering group of photos with captions (which I needed since I didn't even know who most of the people were, who were taking up my time this morning), Ms Maddie Sue took her nose and hit the button, moving on to the next photo. And then again, the next photo. She started moving the photos faster than I could read the captions.

I almost moved her so I could continue this pursuit, when I came to my sense: that I really did NOT need to spend time looking at before and after photos of Brittney Spears. And that my life would actually be better if I never looked at any photos of Brittney Spears, and gang.

So I turned off my computer, and fed the pups 30 minutes early just to reduce the mounting tension amoung the four-legged beloveds in my house: "is it time to eat yet, mom, is it? is it? is it now?!"

And now as I sit at the computer, I put Maddie Sue behind me (where she promptly fell asleep) so I could write this post. She ususally likes to watch the screen when I am on the computer, but I did not want her editing this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment