Monday, January 25, 2010

It's Been Awhile, so sayeth Maddie Sue

Ms Maddie Sue gave me a nudge this morning reminding me that it has been awhile since we posted to her blog. I explained that mostly I posted her foibles and that lately, she has been foible-less. Except if you want to remember, which I do not, the time she went into a full blown belly laughing stand up comedy routine, between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.! Funny as it was, it was not funny in the middle of the night. She may be part rooster.

So over morning coffee, she and I agreed to this yummy post -- a thought by Jon Winokur from his book, Mondo Canine:

"If dogs didn't exist, we'd have to invent them. They are clean, cheerful, brave and faithful. They consistently display the best qualities of humans and few, if any, of our bad ones. They are the only species in the animal kingdom to have truly embraced human beings, and when it comes to friendship, they put us to shame. They give unconditional love and undying loyalty in return for regular meals and an occasional pat on the head."

How blessed I am to share my life with dogs.

This message has been approved by Ms Maddie Sue Taco Rooster, oops, okay, she has asked me to remove the Rooster part from her nom de plume but Taco can remain. NOW, this message has been approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment